Now that she is 2 months old I guess it's time to announce on my blog that we are expecting baby #5! I thought I would share a little bit about why I kept this pregnancy such a secret. It came as quite a shock to people when I posted a pic of the new baby on FB. some people were pretty upset that I didn't tell them but ya know...I don't care.
Here is a little insight about why I was private about it. After your 5th baby I get SOOOOO annoyed with all of the annoying questions. Anybody who has had several kids knows what I'm talking about. the whole first trimester is all
"aww how are you feeling?" Like I wanna puke on you.
"was this a surprise baby?" Nope
"Are you hoping for a girl this time?" No I was thinking a puppy this time would be awesome.
"5 kids, wow how are you going to handle that" Umm probably the same way I handled the other 4.
"Tell you hubby to put a sock on it!" (yes someone actually said that to me)
"Maybe you should sleep on the couch" didn't ever occur to people that maybe it was me who got frisky? believe me, we know how babies are made.
Then the 2nd trimester is all about
"do you know what you're having"
"when are you due?"
Then 3rd trimester
"Are you about ready to pop?"
"I bet you're so done."
"How much longer to you have?"
BLAH BLAH LAAAH......and the funny part is people who I'm not even very close too were asking about more details then my better friends that knew. They were asking like we were best buddies since jr. high. And then what really ticked me off was when asked if I knew what I'm having I said yes but we aren't telling people....They had the NURVE to go ask my other children behind my back..Ummm excuse me...!!!! NOT OK!
What ever happened to things being private and intimate in a family? I still think that growing a baby is an intimate thing.
I had a conversation with one gal that went like this....Keep in mind by now she has asked multiple questions over several weeks that I tried to be just very vague and change the subject and mentioned to her that we weren't telling lots of people.....
"So do you know what you're having?"
"Yes"
"what"
"We aren't really telling anyone"
Then she proceeded to ask more questions (AGAIN) so I kindly told her that we were being a little private this time around so I really don't want to talk about it her reply....get this....."Well I want to know so I'm going to keep asking".....!!!! WHAT??? I have been super nice a patient and told her multiple times. So I was very clear this time and she said that??? Hello...NOT OK....
Anyway. It's just so annoying. I do not regret for a min not doing a silly FB announcement. the people who needed to know did know.
Grateful Moment
I'm grateful for Hugs from Chad
Saturday, January 17, 2015
My Pregnant Story
Posted by
Carey
at
8:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Carey--we just had our 5th child, too, and I can totally relate to this post. At least with this last pregnancy, no one asked to touch my belly.
On the other hand, the other day I realized that if I got 50 Cents for every time someone said to me, "you've got your hands full!" over the course of the last 4 years since we've had our 3rd child, I would have made $200!!! Do you ever get that comment??
Holy cow Angie. it got so annoying. We have 4 boys so everyone kept asking if we were hoping for a girl this time, like we had a say over it. I even had one old lady tell me about a book I should read before we conceive to determine what I will have...CREEPY. And yes we totally get the hands full comment along with the question "Are you done now" next time I'm just going to type up a pamphlet with all the answers to the questions and just hand them out at the beginning then go into hiding until the baby is 2.
Post a Comment