So Since I'm sure the rumors are started and conversations and assumptions are under way I thought I'd do a post to tell the story now that we have a more clear picture of whats happening.
A few weeks ago Chad and I had the idea to go talk to the bank to just kind of see where our financial status was, and see what our goals needed to be to qualify to buy a bigger home. To our surprise we actually qualify right now to buy a home big enough. We were actually kind of surprised that for the first time since we've been married our debt to income wasn't in the way (patting our selves on the back a little) So then we were like Hmmm I wonder what kind of homes are in the area that would work for our price range. We got online and just kind of sorta started browsing not being serious though.
However, we came across this absolutely awesome house. It was HUGE 3500sq ft 7 bedrooms and in our price range !?! So we called the realtor to go take a look.
We then found out that we didn't quite qualify to be able to buy a house before selling our current, mainly because we didn't have a down payment. So in order for us to try to buy the new house we'd have to sell. Well never having sold a house before, and the market being all over the place we didn't know if it would sell before we could have a chance at the other house. So we worked our tails off listed our house in less than a week later. Here is what happen:
Yes we listed out house for sale
Yes in the first 3 days it was on the market we got 4 full price offers
Yes we did accept one of those offer contingent that we get a house
Yes we put in an offer on the new house
No our offer was not accepted and the seller did not counter
No we did not get that house
Yes we looked and looked for another house to buy
Yes we found some that would work for our family
No we did not put in any other offers
Yes we were able to back out of our sale
And Yes we will be staying put for now.
Some people are probably wondering why on earth would we willingly choose to stay here in our little humble abode if we had the chance to move and get more room? Well for us it was quite simple. While yes there are 7 people living in my tiny 1100q ft home. My house payment is some months less than my cell phone bill. If we chose to upgrade our house it would triple my current payment. Meaning the money I earn off babysitting or my craft business would be required to help with everyday bills instead of investing back into the business. I was fine with that if we could have gotten that huge house. but all the other homes we looked at yes had 4+ bedrooms the rooms were small so even spreading the boys out to only have 2 boys per room, it wouldn't actually give them any more space because it's was small. and the houses we looked at not one of them had a nice functional back yard big enough for 5 rowdy kids to go run. So to me it just wasn't worth it. It would take all of our disposable income. So no more fun summer activities, no more summer vacations, no more hey lets order pizza tonight because moms too tired to cook.
We were trying so hard to stay in the middle school district because of the programs they have Carsyn in for his advancing. (Carsyn has already started taking high school credits and he still has a whole year of middle left) So we decided to stay here until the end of the school year and Pray that next May when we put our house on the market again it will sell just as fast.
By waiting until May, after the school year we will be able to go farther, and have more options. We will most likely move closer to Chads work. We will have also gotten Chads bonus in march that will probably nearly wipe out most of our remaining debt including chads new car. then we will more easily be able to afford a higher house payment while still being able to enjoy Family Fun Time.
So there you have it. Thats the whole story on why all of a sudden there was a for sale sign in my yard that was never mentioned.










