So I'm feeling the need to blog about some things that have been on my mind. I'm not sure if you know this but if you're on Facebook and you go to notifications on your phone and scroll to the bottom it has a section called "today in the past" You can choose to share them if you want.
Recently the posts it has been showing me are from Today 4 years ago. Well that is when Mom died. It has been interesting to see my posts from that time in my life. While losing a loved one like your mom you'd think I'd be a wreck but actually I think I held it together surprisingly well. I credit that to my strong testimony of the gospel and the knowledge I have of what happens after death. There was 1 night shortly after her passing that was rough and I remember it well. I sobbed most of the night and my sweet hubby called in to work so he can be with me. That was the one and only time I really broke down.
In reading all of these past posts I've also read the comments and I am so grateful to the friends I had at that time to lift me up and offer support. So many people reached out with a txt or messages or comments.
I still miss my mom. Who wouldn't? She was a great lady. There are times that I wish I could call her and get her thoughts about something. But you know what? I have an amazing husband and a few amazing friends. While the need for my mom will never go away. I'm glad that I haven't let that tragedy over take me to the point I can't function.
So for now I'll make her home made chicken soup and rolls with a smile on my face and just say
"Love you Mama Jo"


0 comments:
Post a Comment