Ok, So Chad and I are doing SOOO good. WE did our yearly budget and set our yearly goals. We've been on track for 10 days!!!! Something we started to do different this year with our grocery budget is, when I plan my monthly menu I only plan 15 meals instead of 30. We make freezer meals with the left overs so on lazy days that we don't want to cook instead of going out we just eat one of those. so this should help our grocery budget to go down. And last fall we started getting a little bit of food storage from the church store house. One of the biggest complaints I've heard about food storage is nobody knows how to cook with it or what to even make. Well I got this cook book last year from the RS ans it is SOOO awesome. we made home made from scratch bean burritos for dinner last night. I had everything on hand to make the tortilla's and everything. they were so yummy. It's a pretty big deal that we haven't been out to eat for 10 days. the goal isn't to "never" go out again. The goal is simply 1 month. Just to show ourselves that we can do it. Yes we have money budgeted for us to go out but that isn't the point. It's a habit we're trying to break. So YEAH us. We're pretty excited about this year. This year will be "Our" year. We can do it!
Grateful Moment
I'm grateful for Hugs from Chad
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good for you guys! ANd way cute back ground.
AWESOME!!!
Today will make 15 days. We are so strong.
Post a Comment